The Carbon Capture and Storage Association (CCSA) exists to represent the interests of its members in promoting the business of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS). The CCSA works to raise awareness, both in the UK and internationally, of the benefits of CCS as a viable climate change mitigation option, and the role of CCS in moving the UK towards a low-carbon economy.
Aims of the CCSA:
- To encourage development of CCS in the UK and internationally and to support business interests in global developments.
- To inform the public, professions and policy makers about the environmental, technical, socio-economic and commercial benefits of carbon capture and storage.
- To provide advice to policy makers on regulatory issues and potential incentive mechanisms associated with CCS.
- To promote industry priorities on financial, technical, research and policy issues related to CCS.
- To liaise with other industry and professional groupings with interests in energy conservation and CCS.
- To provide a forum to encourage information exchange, networking and enhanced capability in relation to CCS.
The CCSA is not a technical forum, professional institute or an environmental or climate campaign group.